Read here in our Q+A Highlight post on the magical powers of the Big Green Egg, Brian tells all!
Big Green Egg Grilled Okra
Grilled okra is a minimal, simple side dish offering great flavor and easily accompanies several meaty dishes such as steak and baby back ribs.
- 1lb. Fresh Okra
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Wash and towel dry fresh okra and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil onto okra and stir till coated. Salt and pepper desired amount.
- Transfer okra to a vented grill pan and place on medium indirect heat on grill.
- Stir okra around after 5 minutes, continue grilling and flipping okra till tender about another 10 minutes.
- Enjoy your fresh grilled okra!
Season your plated okra with more salt and a squeeze of lemon to enhance the flavor. I've even added a bit of crushed red pepper to liven it up even more.
When selecting okra look for bright green pods free from any age spots or blemishes. They should be firm and crisp. Refrigerate the okra in a paper bag for a few days before grilling.
Courses Vegetable Side Dish