Hoping your crave waves aren’t crashing out of control and you find pleasure on your plate. If not, try this wrap and you will not be disappointed!
- 1 bag broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup diced green onions (mostly green part)
- 1/4 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Grilled chicken strips ( 2-3 oz. amount per person)
- 10-inch flour tortillas
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ teaspoon red cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
First, wash up all your veggies. Grab a cutting board and chop cilantro, diced jalapeño, and green onions (mostly green). Then thinly slice red bell peppers, and throw into a large mixing bowl. I cheated and bought a bag of shredded carrots and broccoli slaw. I would have preferred edamame in this wrap, but the store was out. Maybe you will get lucky; if so, add a 1/2 cup to your bowl of garden goodness. Give it a quick toss and move onto the next step.
In a separate bowl, add freshly grated ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper, and two tablespoons of water. Incorporate well. Don’t skimp on these ingredients I know it might be hard to buy that sesame oil or rice vinegar, but I guarantee you will want future wrap-making.
Stir in peanut sauce to the veggies and set aside.
Cut chicken breasts into strips. Spray lightly with olive oil, salt, and pepper to season and grill.
To assemble wraps:
- Fill tortilla with a few chicken strips (2-3 oz.)
- Add slaw mixture
- Wrap up and stick a toothpick to hold, slice in half
Wasn’t that easy?
If you have caught my feed on Instagram, we have a new addition to our fam. Finn has found his way into the studio kitchen and kinda digs all the new smells. He tuckers out, watching me do the dishes. No help at all.
- Serving Size: Six