Need a great appetizer for Super Bowl? Chicken Jalapeño Dip is your winner!
- 2 packages Oscar Mayer Carving Board Chicken Strips (1 Flame-grilled, 1 Southwestern)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 blocks cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise (I use Hellman’s)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1–2 tablespoons Tabasco brand pepper sauce
First, set cream cheese blocks in a medium-size bowl to soften. You can add the mayo and milk, lemon juice, and Tabasco sauce. Set aside, do not stir.
On a cutting board, chop the red bell pepper and jalapeños and add to the rest of the ingredients.
A LITTLE TIP FROM MY MOMMA:
Don’t like scraping out the mayo? Add the half cup milk first then add your mayo. The weight of the mayo will hit your one cup mark and you won’t be wasting the mayo. Clever lady.
In a skillet on med-low heat add the pre-cooked chicken strips. Sprinkle garlic powder and black pepper to coat. Toss to warm them and help the seasoning stick. Remove from heat.
Place chicken strips onto a cutting board and chop into small bite-size pieces.
Add chopped chicken to the cream cheese mixture and stir till thoroughly incorporated.
Place cheese mixture into a 9×9 inch casserole dish. You can make this the day before or heat now at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Serve with corn chips. Go Chiefs!